"Flamingos are bright, very social animals who are very family oriented. Both birds in the species are responsible for nesting and care of the
This Valentine's, we will give you some tips on how to show some love to your home too. After all, your humble place is always there for you thus making it a merrier, healthier and more comfortable place is really a gift to yourself and your family.
It's time to bid the dreary weather farewell and welcome vibrant flowers and warmer months! Before we know it, spring season will be here so it is best to start planning and conceptualizing how your home would be adorned this coming months.
Here, you will find fun and super easy spring decorating ideas which will surely brighten your home - whether you are looking for a welcoming entryway, cozier den or more colorful tabletop designs, there is definitely something here that will catch your attention and imagination!
So come on and bring that feeling of spring right in your house!
1. Whimsical Umbrella Wreath - Welcome your guests into your humble abode with a unique and gorgeous umbrella display. This is a great way to put your broken umbrella into a wonderful use.
2. Vintage Candlesticks for Floral Display - Give your favorite spring flowers a unique and a little bit of vintage soul by setting them on vintage candlesticks. This project is gorgeous as a centerpiece.
3. Arrange Florals on Antique Planters, Buckets and Trunks - For a more warmer vibe, it is best to use buckets that have a nice rustic farmhouse vibe such as this Galvanized Tin Homegrown Bucket - a lovely mix of galvanized tin and turquoise perfect for your home this spring!
4. Birds' Nest Easter Display - Some twigs, branches, ornaments and eggs and viola! - You have a charming mini birds' nest ready for the Easter Season! Put it on your porch or entryway and let these unhatched creatures welcome your guests. You may as well use other materials such as yarn, unused bead necklace, cotton and twine... imagination is the limit baby!
5. Mason Jar Display - Create some adorable rabbit mason jar favors. You may stencil it or paint it with bright pastel colors.
Genuine appreciation lifts people up. Kind words and praises energize people and free them to do their best work. And here at Funkie Junkies, we are no different!
It gives us so much joy knowing that our efforts, together with our cool merchandise and products of course are being appreciated by you, our dear customers... much like Jennifer Lolmaugh who just recently found us!
Here is her rocking article about us:
Funkie Junkies: This photographer's new propping grounds
- Jennifer Lolmaugh (images by Lolmaugh)
I don't usually use a lot of props in my shoots because I don't want to take away from the beautiful families I shoot. However every once in a while you find something that you just have to have (like the bike shown. I need a truck in my life). You may not know why or where you're going to put it, but it's most definitely coming home with you.
I love thrifting. It's not because I'm cheap, but because I love the idea of taking something and giving it a new life or on a lucky day I find something already repurposed. I also love supporting local artists and small businesses when I can. My partner in prop crime on these creative journeys is my friend Sue because she shares my love of old stuff and she knows when to talk me off the shopping ledge! Yesterday she had to pick up her son from a friend's house in Punta Gorda and we decided to try a new place since we don't go out there very much. After much googling we found Funkie Junkies at 204 E McKenzie St! 3000 vendors/artists, and 10,000 square feet of shopping for whatever I find interesting. I'm in love.
As photographers we use a multitude of different things as props. Everything from signs to couches can be used, rejuvenated and made perfect for the vision we have for a particular shoot. This store has all of that and then some! There is an entire back room filled with furniture, one of a kind jewelry, metal tubs, flowers, clothing, the list goes on.
So before you go and spend a fortune on something for a shoot or even for your home, try and CREATE what you're looking for. Do at least two laps to ensure you don't miss something amazing. Pick out a couple pieces and get crafty while supporting another You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you're capable of creating.